Saturday 19 October 2013

This man, Tony Gachoka

Tony Gachoka is a man of many titles. Activist, self-proclaimed political strategist, media consultant, the list is endless.
This is a man you can not wish away. Ask the mother, I am told he was cursed after he used the family coffee plantation to secure a loan in order to start a business which only did well just in the early periods of inception.
Even his young sister Ciku Muiruri,I hear was mad at him after the bank came calling, wanting to auction the piece of land.
But who is Gachoka? This man is easily connected to everyone, including the president. They have history by the way.
So he even helped Ciku get a job in the Uhuru Kenyatta dream team in the campaign team, she was virtual head of media team, if my memory serves me right.
One would wonder, how did Tony get up there? Trust you me, there is a mystery around this man that no one seems to get  right, but one thing is a fact, he is up there, the man is on top of his league I tell you.
Does it matter how he got up there? That is you to decide, however opportunity comes to everyone, difference is how you go about it. Don't be too ambitious, compose yourself and go for it.
A friend once told me to always go where the grass is greener, meaning that where you are the grass might be green but if you see healthier and greener grass, why not?
In the 2007 elections, TG, as he is popularly known, was Raila Odinga's confidante, courtesy of Mama Ngilu they say. He was in the wagon probably because he was sure of Odinga's victory. But he dropped after, after gathering all nailing evidence that Raila had a role to play in the PEV, which I don't think it was significant, that was probably to seduce Uhuru.
But sure he got a job as a campaign strategist, he probably is something in state house right now.
By the way Gachoka and Uhuru have history. In the late 80s and early 90s, when Gachoka had just started his paper sunday post, which was more of an expose by the way. His contacts with Gideon Moi helped him big time. That's  how he met Uhuru, and they clicked right away. Mind you, he enjoyed trips to S.A with the first family during those weekends.
So when someone says that it is Ngilu who fixed him in the jubilee alliance, I wonder.
Listening to Tony Gachoka on n Jeff Koinange Live, I wouldn't help myself but just marvel with admiration .
He even became my Shujaa right away.
With the determination of a buffalo, his voice roaring like a lion, with valour inherited from a legend probably Waiyaki, I could see an older me. He is a great debator, he is an asset to Uhuruto, problem is his loyalty can't be predicted. He could be working for you, while scheming only to backstab you after he leaves.
But he inspires me, personally.

1 comment:

  1. his is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the leisure here! Keep up the excellent work.
    Kimberly Morales

    ReplyDelete