Saturday 21 September 2013

Westgate attack, Kenya let's stay United,

It was just a few minutes to one, after an economics class. Kenn, our class rep was on the phone. I was staring at this girl, Damaris. You must have heard her somewhere. Damaris Kitavi. She was a reporter in the renowned KTN. I'm not sure if she is still there. I was staring, my mind away in fallacy, i was thinking of how I will marry her may be, but maybe she is married,may be not.
But this girl is a true meaning of beauty.
I was away in a world of fantasies that I didn't hear what Kenn told me, funny how some things can be destructive. And even when I heard i didn't take it seriously, which is not a good trait of a Journerdist or a journerlist, of my mettle.
It even did not sink into my brain, what it did was like what my class one English teacher told me, came in through the right ear and left via the left ear.
So Damaris left, I became sobber and went to klabu for a plate of mchele-mix. For those who haven't been to klabu, it is a place in UON where students eat, but it's not the school's eating hall. It's kind like an exact replica of Laico Regency in the school.
It's Saturday, I had nothing important to do. I couldn't go for the crowd-puller Safaricom sevens, blame my under-employment status .
I decided to do a stroll around town at least I know some place new. So i found myself in the famous Koinange, passed by the place  where machines wash cars, and found myself at Nakumatt lifestyle.
It is at Nakumatt lifestyle where I saw the breaking news.
I saw a scattered crowd staring at the nice plasma screens in the Hotel lounge, i almost ignored, but hey a Journerdist does not ignore a crowd !
It hit me like an arrow shot by Robin Hood himself. It is at this point that i remembered what Kenn was trying to tell me . "There have been gunshots at Westgate mall" Rubadiri's voice. Which I hate to love and still love to hate made my blood go cold.
I even thought it is her twang changing sentences. My heart pounded, i was tense, my palms went cold, I felt a cold line of sweat trickling down my armpits.
"This must be alshabaab"I overheard a patron at the Hotel speak his mind. Everyone else at the venue was shocked to silence.
I couldn't stand no more. I walked to Jevanjee grounds and sat at one of the hot rocks in the garden. I could feel some fats melting at my hind-quarters.
I did not want to think it was any terrorist group. I did not want to remember August 7th.
Who could be behind all this? Alshabaab? Something must be done about this terrorist group.
We live that to the intelligence service to do .
But whoever that may be, let them know that Kenya is a sovereign state and we shall not be cowed. We will fight to defend what is ours.
26 people have been confirmed dead and many more injured. They need blood. Aga-Khan and M. P Shah hospitals appeal to well-wishers to donate blood. As a Kenyan it's your time to stand out and be counted. I will visit aga-Khan and save a life. You should too. Go and save a fellow Kenyan. Kenya Red Cross are really doing a good job at the scene.
Reliable sources say the police are approaching the situation with caution because there are innocent civilians inside. Both the president and his deputy continue being briefed about the situation . Public figures have issued condolence statements, to those grieved, and wished a quick recovery to people injured. This includes Raila Odinga, Martha Karua and Peter Kenneth. Kalonzo Musyoka urged Kenyans to stay United
Let's pray for our fellow Kenyans.

No comments:

Post a Comment